[ihc-hide-content ihc_mb_type=”show” ihc_mb_who=”6″ ihc_mb_template=”1″ ]
How you treat your body has an immense affect on your mental wellness. In this section I’m sharing the best of body balance for whatever you’re going through!
what to do when you feel insecure about your body
Cycle syncing is linking your hormonal monthly cycle with your lifestyle. It’s directly related to energy level and part of the reasons why women feel different every day because there is so much going on hormonally. Learn about cycle syncing here:
Here’s a print out for you too!
More info on cycle syncing:
healthy eating hack for balance
rule of 5
Whether you’re eating in a dining hall or living apartment style, what and how you eat can change in college. Health Coach Robyn Youkilis has a healthy hack that I follow when I feel I need more food balance. It’s called the “Rule of Five” where you make sure these five things are on your plate:
- healthy fat
- fermented food
This is super easy to do and linked above if you want to learn more!
If you asked me if I work out every day the answer is NOPE, but do I move my body everyday? YES. This is a huge mood shifter for me. My favorite way to easily move my body is to take a walk. I save podcast episodes I want to listen to as motivation. I think sometimes “working out” brings up the vision of big boot camp style classes, but moving your body can be stretching in between your classes it doesn’t have to be a big time consuming thing!
After work, my friends and I sometimes get together to take 305 dance classes for a workout hang. It’s like a giant dance party and a super fun way to hang. They offer free classes online that you can stream and do. Find a little space, bring your computer, and have a blast jumping all over the place. You also don’t need to do a dance class. You can do any kind of movement! Here are some free workouts I do:
- free 305 workouts
- megan roup dance cardio workout
- melissa wood health free class
- my yoga teacher Amy Jean Pastore has free yoga classes online. I LOVE them, but FYI they are advanced 🙂
The following content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Check with your doctor before taking any supplements.
Supplements make a big difference in my emotional and physical health. I feel that it’s important to take care of all different aspects of your health before even leaving for college. I love Dr. Aviva Romm for women’s health advice. Here’s what she recommends for every day health :
- Vitamin D3 Did you know that Vitamin D can affect your mood? You get this vitamin from the sun, but usually that’s not enough.
- Magnesium Magnesium supports healthy bones, restful sleep, relaxed muscles, and balanced mood. I take it before bed to help me fall asleep.
- Fish oil Omega-3 fats are important for reducing inflammation, heart health, and maintaining healthy weight.
- B Vitamins I feel that these are really important to my mental health and overall wellbeing.
- Probiotic There are studies that suggest your gut health affects your mental health so probiotics are great for balancing that.
- Nettle I used to take an over the counter allergy medicine that made me anxious and switched to nettle supplements. My allergies literally went away without the anxiousness.
- Ginger chews If you get carsick or stomach aches these are for you. I combine 3 tablespoons of powdered ginger with about 2 tablespoons (eyeball it) of honey and stir until it looks sort of like a dough. Roll them into little balls about half a tablespoon each. I took these before I went on a boat they worked! I also take when I have an upset stomach.
Again, talk to your doctor before taking supplements, but these support my physical and mental wellbeing!
Skincare is a deep part of my self-care and I wanted to share all my goods with you here too!
I am a skincare fanatic. I’m obsessed and think that everyone needs these face masks in their self-care tool bag.
If I had to use one product for the rest of my life, it would be this one
My favorite is the Vital Hydra Solution
Perfect for getting rid of a pimple
Learn to love yourself and your body with this interactive guide from the “shame-free, fun, cheerful, and no-nonsense” (Bustle) body acceptance advocate and influencer who founded Megababe beauty.
Ayurveda is a way of eating for health and happiness in the mind and body. This book is by my yoga teacher Ali Cramer and is where I have the Golden Milk recipe from.