Last week, I held a Holiday HangIn in Hoboken where my students and I reflected on our milestones of 2017, shared what we are grateful for, and set intentions for 2018.
A fun way to look at all the different ways that the girls have grown is to use a blank calendar and fill it out with all the big (both positive and negative) milestones that have happened over the year. It would be fun to fill out one as a family!
Wishing everyone a happy healthy holiday! I’m so appreciative of all the girls that shared themselves with me this year. I am so lucky. We have new mentoring and yoga classes happening in January! Can’t wait to spend time with you in the new year!
Do you have conditional friendships? If you feel like someone is only friends with you based on certain terms then this video is for you!
The phrase “stay in your own lane” can be another way to tell someone to mind their own business, but today, I’m talking about it as if you’re saying it to yourself. It’s this phrase that I repeat when I find myself putting a lot of energy into others, which inevitably takes away from some of my own magic. Check out today’s video for more insight!
There’s not a person on the planet that hasn’t had the experience of feeling like they’ve said something stupid. I know I overthink what I say a million times over. In today’s video, I’m giving advice on what to do when you torture yourself by replaying a conversation in your head over and over and over again.
Did you know a quiz could be really important to your relationships? The 5 Love Languages, which profiles your emotional communication preference is beginning to become a staple in my private sessions. It’s especially useful when navigating friendships. People give and show love in different ways and sometimes you just have to look for it. Check out today’s video for how this quiz changed my life!
This week, I got lots of questions about being left out and actually got excluded from a hang out myself. Talk about practicing what you preach! In today’s video, I share the technique I used to help myself feel better. Also this video helps too!
Last Tuesday, I shared on Snapchat a day in life! Like I always say to my students, you are only seeing what people WANT to show you on social media, so I decided to be honest and write down all the things that it didn’t show on my blog today!
- The book I show in the first and last part of the video, I’m reading for grad school. It is huge and I have roughly a million others just like it to read in one month. No idea how I’m going to do it……
- When I work on ivivva stuff with my friend Lex, we totally get off topic one million times. Lex always has great ideas!
- I’m obsessed with my mentor’s dog. He curls up on my lap during out chats and makes me feel like life can be easy.
- Not pictured: how much I drove during the day. I literally was all over creation. Luckily, I listen to good music. It’s pretty much a solo karaoke session.
- I had a bunch of privates in one area with middle school to high school seniors. Was super fun.
- I saw my best friend who lives in California and we had a great time together, but I always feel a little heartache when she leaves me because I wish she lived closer.
- I started to get super tired by the end of the day. I literally ran around like a crazy person.
I totally relate to being nervous about speaking in school! I worried about what other people thought and if I was going to sound stupid. Being in my own head really took me out of the moment. It’s hard to focus on learning when you’re terrified of being called on! Check out today’s video for an idea that really helped me.
Everyone at some point has felt pressure to be cool. Whether it’s playing a certain sport, being in a certain group of friends, or going to a specific party, we can put a lot of pressure on ourselves. Check out today’s video for some relief when it comes to the stress of being cool.